Register    Login    Home    Forum Index    Search    FAQ

Swift Five Forum Index » Swift MY05-11 » How To

Post subject: Fuel Filter, Clutch Slave Leak...
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:26 pm 

Hi Lovely Ducks...

Being the single white female that I am, I finally took my Suki in today for a service.......

So This is what the mechanic said....
I need a new front left strut as mine is leaking and is stuffed..... long story, it has been doing it for years have been told by Suzuki that it's nothing, got the guys who put new tyers on her today to check, he had a great old poke around and said she's fine. He is pretty confident that it's safe, just has a for some reason slight leak thing going on. Stuck his fingers up into it all that said under the hood that it's all good.... anyway ultra tune misses out on putting a new strut in there..... didn't know i had a history with it, and if there was something wrong with it I was going to make Suzuki back date and fix it under warranty... (well try)

Next... My Clutch Slave Cylinder apparently has a leak... has anyone dealt with this before, just after some more information, fixing it etc....

next... Fuel filter is due to be replaced at my next service which will be around 95000-100000km she's currently on about 81000kms.
I don't know where it is situated, I am going to google when i have time to sit down, am currently making choc ripple cake, incase anyone is feeling left out ;)
So yeah just wonder where abouts it is, if it is external or inside the fuel tank, if it's a tiny job i can possibly manage it myself, or get someone I know to do it for me..... (monstazuki) :P

Next was Air Filter aprrox cost $45.00 - that I know I can buy and do myself, for less... I'm Sure

Tune up - Throttle body... $150.00 apparently tho my dad says, that cause my car is fuel injected.... throttle body doesn't apply...... (maybe that was just a typo.....>??/

ummm yeah just those two things I wasn't sure about and was hoping there may be some wise words of wisdom here somewhere.

Thanks
Stacie

Post subject: Re: Fuel Filter, Clutch Slave Leak...
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:31 am 
Addicted

Last edited by Not So Swift on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:54 am 

Thanks for the help.
The strut was actually picked up on my 30000km service and I had it checked by suzuki then and their terminology is it is sweating, which is quite normal.
had it checked here by a mechanic told it was minor. when back to suzuki again, and pretty much told the same thing, shows that the suspension is working etc etc.

This guy I believe was trying to find as many things as he could in order for me to come back for repeat business. I already knew and had forgotten about the front strut so he actually misses out again.
Had the tyre guys have a check and I believe them when they say they believe that it is okay. like up higher under the hoody thing is all dry, and the bounce in the car is fine.

I can def do the air filter myself,

Any idea about the fuel filter, tho i do believe i have found some kinda manual online that may tell me what i need, have to go back and find it as i was running out the door when i found it..

Thanks for the reply tho I appreciate the time!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:21 pm 
Casual

Fuel filter and pump are an integrated unit, in tank, so the tank has to be lowered to do it (try and empty your tank as much as possibly before) and hence why it is so expensive.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:46 am 

see now this is where i get confused because I was told by someone else that the Fuel Filter is
"fuel filter is inline under vehicle"

so see this is how i get confused.... whats the right info for a 2006 swift.
I'm just trying to work out what can be done by me or someone I know and what needs to be done at the mechanics.

But I do appreciate the response thanks Mick... i just confused now ;)

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:16 am 
Site Admin

No it is defiantly inside the tank, i have seen it being done previously.. i wouldnt know how to change it but its in there :-)

1984 AE71 Toyota Corolla Panelvan - POS - BBQ Project

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:59 pm 
Dedicated
Love's my HellaFailed swift

its not a filter as such,its more like a netting filter thats stops the !@#$,thats all,im goin to put a metal inline one on mine

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:28 pm 

So there you go guys, I found out today that it is infact an integrated unit, and the cost price to replace the bloody thing is about $800and something to replace,
Suzuki said that the 105000km service, is about $1500 dollars... so ah yeah if you really need to get it done the pump and filter all gets done together.......
good old suzukis

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:13 pm 
Casual

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of replacing my fuel filter/pump unit due to hesitation issues.

Is it simply just a couple of bolts under the car and the fuel tank will drop down? Has anyone tried this and can shed some light on a few tips :)

Cheers

Swift Five Forum Index » Swift MY05-11 » How To